Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's new?

So many cute, funny things occur that I think, "I should blog about that!" but then the moment is gone when I finally sit down to the computer at night. And much of it is funny in the moment. For example, Roman made a prayer box at Sunday School this morning. I asked him, "so do we write down a prayer & put it in the box?" "THANK you!" he says emphatically from the backseat. Apparently I was the only one who "got it." It's just funny to hear him speak like a grownup.

And Charlie - my gosh, is he in caveman-speak now. Simple 2-word sentences mostly, although "up with Mama" or "up with Daddy" is what we hear the most. Where did something go "Ro-Ro go? Car go? Daddy go? Nemo go?" ad nauseum. And speaking of Ro-Ro, he said Charlie is the only one who is allowed to call him that anymore. Sheesh. Charlie also gets his feelings hurt by his Daddy often - like when he plays with the dirty dishes while trying to load the dishwasher, Doug got frustrated and said "Charlie, just go away!" Charlie came crying to me repeating "Daddy go away!"

The new "it" thing in first grade are Squishies, little rubber animals that go on the top of a pencil. Ro and I made a trek to the mall today and I agreed to let him buy a couple (25 cents each!). All 3 dispensers were empty. They are a hot commodity - apparently the kids trade them. Roman has a lion, parrot, & hippo that he's very proud of.

I finish swim season this Wednesday and am pleased to do so. Late practice is hard, as on a good day I get home around 6:30pm. Doug's birthday is next weekend, and mine a few days after, so there's excitement all around. I have finally purchased a couple new pair of pants & freshened my solid color t-shirt collection for the spring/summer... all I need now is a new pair of sandals. Everything else as normal as ever around here. :)

No comments: