Monday, March 01, 2010

NEW - the word of the day.

Being home with our "suspended" child from daycare allowed me to find another place for him to go. Amazing how God works things out. Just like when I had to get Roman into after-school care, when I called this place there was one spot left in the two's room. We could start immediately. Whew! So Doug went over there Thurs. afternoon & got all the paperwork, showed Charlie around the classroom, and we both went this morning to drop him off. It's a pretty sweet room, and run like a mini-preschool with more structured time. I think that will be good for C., as clearly free play isn't his strength. They also run a ratio of 1 teacher to 4 kids - which is just amazing to me! - so hopefully we won't have biting problems.


Another change today is our daily schedule. I start assisting with the middle school swim team for the next 6 weeks, but this year we have late practice - I don't get out until 6pm. So Doug is being He-Man and collecting both kids and cooking dinner (I plan and prep). It really doesn't even out $$ wise, but it's something I love to do. I've thought about dropping it while my kids are young but frankly, I would probably not ever get the position back.

We also have an appointment today with the psychiatrist we met with last week. This time Roman is coming too, and after she meets with him & us she will give us her recommendation on what we can do to help Roman be more successful (our greatest concern currently is school). It doesn't matter how Roman appears to be, it bothers him that he has a special seat during group time, he is removed from groups during center time, and sometimes his teacher even has to remove him from his table (on bad days). It's not affecting his learning yet, although he is reporting that Math is getting "harder" and he dislikes reading. In talking with his teacher, we suspect it's because he can't focus or concentrate on either thing when it takes actual effort.


Doesn't it look like he's wearing a lamp on his head? I know better than to do that, but it's pretty rare to get him to pose for a picture now - I have to take it when I can get it!

No comments: