Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of 365

I did it! I took a picture every day for a whole year. 365 days. Well, to be honest, there are 3 days that are missing pictures, and some days I took more than one to fill in the gaps… but really, I documented our life every day for a year. And it was good.

Strangely, the year seems to have flown by. It feels like I just started Project 365 a couple months ago, and as Doug said “it feels like I was just laid off a month ago!” Funny how at times I can’t remember what last Spring was like, but yet it feels like a few days ago. That’s the trick of time, I suppose.

I don’t have a great retrospective in pictures or anything. It would take too much time and the kids are getting along for now, but who knows when that will blow up. I’ve scrapped my P-365 pictures for the first 26 weeks but was getting bored with the elements & layout, so I spent the last couple nights making new templates with my own papers & stuff I downloaded from Shabby Princess. I also found a local picture developer who has begun developing scrapbook pages & said he’d match what I’m paying now when I send them to Florida. I’m pretty happy about that – motivated to maybe start another P-365?

I don’t know. I know I don’t want the discipline of keeping track of a picture a day, but I will probably do pictures of the week, or two weeks, or whatever. I want to buy this new kit for 2010 and have some fun with it. As for 2010? I want to have some fun with it, too. Happy New Year!


(this bottom picture is my P-O-D for Dec. 29th. Got a new laundry basket and Charlie apparently thinks he's a cat. He loves knocking it over & crawling inside!)

No comments: