Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Days are much the same

I will admit it -I'm kind of bored. Sure, I have things to do, but invariably they take a lot of time, concentration, or not in the area that the kids are. In the evening, then, once the kids are in bed there is so much I want to do that I don't do any of it. I'm starting to think about having a babysitter come and I'll hide away in the basement, just to do some of the things I want to do. This includes stuff for school, so it's not like I want just all leisure time. :)

Roman, on the other hand, has had an awesome summer and it gets better. He has been doing a playground program every morning with his best neighbor friend, and occasionally will play with another kid down the street as well. He and neighbor play almost every afternoon, too. When they're not, it's because we're off at the library, or out of town. This weekend he is going to my parents' for a couple days along with his cousins, and he asks every morning "is it Thursday yet?" We've also begun the planning of our Roman-only weekend trip to Chicago later in August to see the Museum of Science & Industry, and stay with my cousin. There is a Harry Potter exhibit there that we are all excited to see. Then perhaps Navy Pier, and dinner out on the town. Should be fun, and he's excited for that as well.

Otherwise - not much. And I think perhaps my boredom is just in contrast to the almost manic state I was in this spring between work, grad school, coaching swimming, and two committees. But I don't really want to complain about boredom, because I will be busy once again in just another few weeks!
We did go to a playplace yesterday afternoon, spur of the moment. Charlie's first time, and he had a great time in the toddler area! Even big brother played for a little.


1 comment:

Cat Hoemke said...

ohhh, harry potter exhibit.... too bad we will be on our way back before it even opens. :/ Have a good time. Hope to have a plan together soon for the weekend we're in town.