Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New albums, renewed hobby

I love the summer because it allows my brain to rest from "work" and focus again on "play." I have been keeping up with my Project 365, taking a picture a day (or at least enough to have a picture a day). But what has been sad is the scrapbooking magazines I get, after I look at them and mark pages, I put them on a shelf. I haven't had time in 7 months to actually rip out the article, or plan the sketch, or scan the idea.

With grad school winding down (last class tomorrow!) I have begun reorganizing my desk, putting folders and binders away I will not use until after 2011 (when I have to take more classes again to keep up my certification). I also pulled 3 magazines off the shelf and paged through them once more, finally ripping out the pages that have info on them.

I also have made the leap to 3-ring binders to hold my pages instead of post-bound albums. I held off for a long time, but since I don't scrap chronologically (or else Charlie would never make it into our albums) I am constantly adding and rearranging pages. I fell in love with these leather albums from We R Memory Keepers but the $30 price tag meant no way. Until I found them for a steal at Ritz Camera Online, where they were 19.99 each. Shoot, that's the price I pay for cheaply-made ones from the craft stores! I bought 4 with my birthday money and they arrived today. So excited. I moved all the pages over and am now excited to add more, seeing where the holes are in my scrapping (need more of Charlie, and all of 2005).

Hopefully my renewed excitement can help find some time to work on pages now!

No comments: