Friday, April 03, 2009

If I only had 30 days to live...

That's the theme of my pastor's sermons, I may have mentioned before. And in thinking about it, I would certainly be making much different decisions in some areas. The trick is, shouldn't I follow through on current commitments, even if I wouldn't have made that decision with my "30 days glasses"? Or should I consider now as being that 30 days, and if it's not important then just drop out? A true dilemma. It was a humbling lesson to learn when I was put on bedrest. I can, literally, be plucked from my life, even temporarily, and with a few adjustments the world goes on entirely without me. I think that was actually a hard emotion to cope with - of feeling "left behind" and removed from everything else. Sure, my absence was missed, but in the scheme of things it wasn't universe-altering. So shouldn't I just expend energy on the things that really matter?

Anyway. I find myself embroiled in drama again in a couple areas of my life, and I just want out. If I knew other people would make such a BIG DEAL out of things I never would have brought stuff up. What some people find important to devote their emotions to just amazes me. But I don't think, in either case, I can back out. Instead, here's where my emotions are going to be this weekend. I resolve to concentrate on:

Roman. He has his first loose tooth, bottom front-left tooth. He's very excited. I think he's the awesomest kid ever besides his brother, and I want to spend some real good time with him this weekend.

Charlie. When he's in a fabulous mood, no lightbulb can make a room brighter. That grin is just infectious, and he's into knocking down towers of cups or blocks and imitating. He is attempting to make words too - he can say "uh-oh" and "done." At least, that's what it sounds like. We are getting his first pair of shoes this weekend because he's so close to taking off, & he's also visiting the toddler room in preparation for being moved up soon.

Doug. My patient husband is about at the end of his rope with lack of time to himself. He has been full-service housedad & working-dad since I started the swim season, and it's taking its toll. He needs a long morning of sleeping in (which he will get Saturday) and some time to screw around in the yard (which I will do my best to give him).

And the to-do list for our vacation! Must do that. And that's all I'm going to worry about until Monday morning arrives.

No comments: