Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The stress starts to rise...

I have just written a letter to my neighboring town's District Court, fighting a ticket I received a couple weeks ago. Not only does the ticketing officer have a "mean" reputation (as in jerk, not tough-guy), this article was also in the local paper just days before my ticket. In case you don't want to read the whole thing, the clincher is this line: "The (traffic ticket) increase was even larger in small towns like Plymouth which saw the number of tickets go up from 440 to 2,500 — up 480 percent — over the same amount of time (one year). According to Detroit area police the reason for the increase is dwindling property tax revenue." So I'll line your coffers, Plymouth, but quit trying to charge me 3 points on my license. Grrr.

It's been a busy week and not necessarily the events have been stressful, but apparently I'm reaching my personal breaking point. I actually was almost paralyzed by having to cook, get ready for Scooter Club at church, and come home to do schoolwork. I've done it every Wednesday since mid-September, so why would today be different? Who knows. Christmas Break is fast approaching, it's a full moon soon, and therefore the kids are a little more to handle than usual. Maybe that's it.

Of course, the uncertainty in Congress over the auto industry is stressing a lot of people out around these parts. It's just sitting around and waiting - will we all continue to be in business or shut down? It seems to be in Congress' hands, and Lord knows they shouldn't be trusted to run anything. A student was telling me the other day that his dad owns a trucking/delivery company that delivers Mopar parts (Chrysler parts) to customers. He's basically in limbo - if Chrysler is divvied up or declares bankruptcy, his company is gone. If they get a loan, then at least they can continue for a few months while Chrysler sorts things out. It's beginning to hit even the affluent area where I work. What a disaster if this Congress can't get their heads out of their butts...

No comments: