Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bad night, bad day

Even with the help of antibiotics, I had a horrible night last night. Barky cough, made my chest and throat hurt. I woke up on my own around 1:30am. Awake until 2:20 or so, just fell back to sleep, and then... Charlie was up. Over. And over. And over... we're not sure what his problem was - too cold, ear bothering him - but it was hands-down the worst night we've ever had with him. Doug finally plopped him in bed with us at 5:30am (screaming!) and once we could calm him down, the stinker slept straight through until 7:30am. Woke up in a fabulous mood, all smiles.

When I first went in to check on him, he was trying to get up on his knees; he would hold the position for 10-20 seconds and then collapse, making frustrated sounds. Which is a good sign, but I'd rather him not practice crawling-position at 2:45 in the morning! We did everything we could think of... soothing, rocking, bottle, new diaper... nothing helped. Weird.

Needless to say, I'm home today sick AND tired. I'm off to napland now.

No comments: