Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Self-improvement is good, but painful

Coming down the home stretch of summer, the summer where I attempt to improve all aspectsof my life, and things are going along quickly...yet slowly. I finally got the go-ahead yesterday to wear contacts again - I haven't since March due to an allergic infection. I have been using eyedrops every day since May. It's a bright summer when you can't wear sunglasses!

I also had a tooth prepped for a crown yesterday. I've had 2 others, but they both had had root canals. This one has been a bit more painful! Dentist is not sure whether I will need a root canal in this one too, so we're going to cross fingers my tooth doesn't act up over the next couple weeks. So I'm dutifully taking Tylenol every 4 hours and hoping.

Weight loss has stalled again too. I did great last week, but whenever we're "out" for a weekend I have trouble. However, I'm still down about 17 pounds. I took my favorite pair of dress pants to a seamstress to have them taken in. I had bought them on clearance so I don't mind spending the extra bucks to make them fit again! I also took Sunday afternoon to go through all my clothes in the closet, plus the box of pre-pregnancy stuff from last Fall. I tried every shred of clothing on, and am able to get rid of a moving-box full of clothes that are too big. Hooray! Pregnancy taught me something about outfits - one can certainly get by with about 4 pairs of pants and 7 shirts. So that's the situation now -since I'm not at my "maintaining" weight yet, I don't want to buy lots of clothes. I only have 2 pairs of work pants, though (one being the aforementioned black pants) so I'm going to have to buy 2 more. Heading to the outlets one of these days to see what I can find.

The boys are fine. Charlie is close to rolling from back to tummy... in fact, he did it last night (3am) but got his arm caught under him, so we awoke to his whimper-squeal. Roman had a nightmare last night about meteor showers hurting our whole family. So it wasn't a restful night, so to speak.

No comments: