Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heading into the final stretch

Tomorrow marks the end of my official summer. Next week I report to school for only one afternoon officially; but my mind has been turning more and more to the start of the school year. I am forever stuck believing that the New Year begins in September, not January!

I have been taking time in the evenings to do little school related things; I now have a plan book (with first week planned!), my Moodle classroom set up (an "Internet classroom"), & links to the 8th grade online textbook set up as well. Next up will be letters; the parent letter, the Open House letter, and pulling out the sheets for the first few days of activities.

In grad class news, I met with the professor who will be overseeing my Independent Study class of "Best Practices." She laid out what work I need to do and then said I was allowed to make my own timeline, as long as it's all done by the end of the semester. I only need to check in with her once more in person to do an oral presentation, just 10 min. or so. Not bad! Of course, I have reading, reflections, observations, writeups, and a more substantial paper to write; but at least I can do them at my own pace.

My monthly calendar of meals is all set; I just need to write up the grocery lists now. And figure out what day is grocery-getting day. I love that Doug is willing to do the grocery shopping. Don't I have the best husband ever?! Speaking of, he has lost more poundage for a total of about 30 pounds. Wowee! I lost 2 more this week, for a grand total of 19.5 lbs. We think it's quite noticeable in each other now, which is cool. I was looking in the mirror the other day & remarked to Doug, "this is me." My hairstyle is back to what I'm most comfortable with, & my face is finally, well, me again.

Roman wrapped up swim class today. He can do a pretty darn good front crawl for a few strokes, puts his head down in the water, arm circles, the whole bit. Seeing as how in June he refused to put his head underwater, this is a great improvement. Charlie has a new nickname; not just Mr. SquishyPants, but Mr. Grabby-Grabber. He has to put his hands on everything, especially Roman's stuff. He loves to drool on Ro's stuffed animals, but putting the newspaper in his mouth is a close second. Who wouldn't want to smear Kwame Kilpatrick's picture, anyway?

1 comment:

Lori L said...

Ah! You have too much done for school--I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it!!