Saturday, May 31, 2008

Eating less, eating more

Two major steps spoken of earlier have been taken. Today is day 1 of Doug and I on Weight Watchers Online. Already I wish I could drink coffee; I'm up 3 points on him, having to have my can of Coke vs. his 2 cups of coffee. Doug is at the store as we speak, purchasing healthy snacks & Coke Zero for me. My goal is to lose 35 pounds and also be "toned" (which means more exercise); Doug's overall goal is to lose 70 pounds. Yeah, isn't he amazing?! He's got 2 mini-goals built into that, of course. Oh yeah, and the second step? Cable will be cut off on Tuesday.

Charlie, on the other hand, is now beginning to eat more again. We just don't know what's going on with him; he's always been stuffy and sounding like he has drainage. Ped. said that will get better. He even had some what we thought was wheezing/rattling in his lungs - yes, folks, having asthma myself, I know that that's serious. And I know he will have allergies and asthma because I do, as well as my birthmother before me, and her mother before her (the only medical piece of information my parents ever got). Anyway, he was doing his usual thing yesterday, taking 4-5 oz at a feeding. And then came 9:00pm. And he took TEN ounces. Almost 11, actually. And then he took maybe 1/2-tablespoon of rice cereal.
He woke up at 4am and took another 5.5oz. And then at 9am another 4oz. And then at 10:30 was crying because he was hungry. I sure wish this kid would take an actual feeding, because now I'm suspecting he's falling asleep before he's actually full.

Ah well. The adventure continues. We saw Indiana Jones IV last night. Charlie went with us and was supposed to sleep the whole time. Instead, WE spent the whole time pacing the back of the movie theater because he was wide awake and cried every time we put him in his carseat. Too much traveling during the day, I think. Anyway, we won't try that trick again. The movie was a fun way to see Indy one more time, though. Roman is off visiting my parents this weekend, along with my niece and nephew. My parents will be exhausted! Doug so graciously let me sleep until 10am. It was beautiful. So all told, I got 12 hours of sleep. I feel like I'm ready to take on the world... or at least, clean my house.

No comments: