Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Boring, busy day

Yesterday was such a weird day. How can a person be busy and bored at the same time? It's been cold around here so mornings outside are not happening. Roman had his little class at the local elementary school from 1-2pm, so there was no quiet time. That's okay though, because he really left me to my own devices and did his own thing. So I got a lot done around the house; 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, dishwasher ran, dinner started. But I was bored. I guess that's why I'm not a stay at home mom full time. Around 4:20pm Roman was playing a computer game, Charlie was finally calmed down, and I started watching Oprah. But my thoughts were, "Doug won't be home for another half hour at least, and I have nothing to do."

It's a weird feeling. I mean, there are books I could have read, but you know one of the kids would have interrupted 8 times if I started to read. Usually my time waster is to check email, but with Ro on the computer that couldn't happen. Just... bored. And fidgety.


Charlie, we believe, is actually beginning to teethe. Yes, he's only adjusted 5 weeks old. However, he's exhibiting every symptom. In fact, if you read the article far enough, they mention that even diarrhea, while not officially linked to teething, happens commonly. He's grumpy, he doesn't sleep well during the day anymore (although that could be due to brother's high-pitched & loud sounds), he will suck on a pacifier quite strongly even after finishing a full feeding. Doug felt around Charlie's gums but didn't feel anything significant, but you can't deny the symptoms!


Today we were going to try Domino's Farms again, but it's in the mid-30s outside so I nixed that idea. Instead, I'm granting Roman's fervent wish - to go to Wal-Mart. Yes, folks, he's seen commercials (toys that are available there) and he has been asking to go there for days. Doug is firmly against the Wal-Mart-ization of America (which is also why we go to Costco and not Sam's Club), so I won't purchase anything. But I am curious as I hear people say they have great deals on some grocery items, and I'd like to take a peek at their craft area.


And last, some pictures from my birthday. My friend Wendy & her son Mitchell very sweetly offered to join us for my birthday dinner at Wendy's. They even surprised me with a balloon, card, and free Frosty!






Charlie just cracks me up in this picture. Drooling, "helter skelter eyes," the whole bit. Funny!

No comments: