Monday, March 17, 2008

Totally lost my mind... and adorable Roman

Today threw me SO off schedule, in fact, I totally missed a meeting at church. When another member called me and asked if everything was okay, I still didn't get it. "We're fine." Awkward pause... "Are you coming?" she asked. I said, "the meeting isn't until the 17th!" Never mind that I wore green today and made green Jell-O in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Duh.

Roman has a really bad cough, the kind that makes your throat hurt whenever you have to do it. He had a low-grade fever too, but that seems to have vanished this afternoon. He slept from 2:30-5:00pm. I woke him up, honestly, 3 different times. I hate it when he sleeps so late, he never falls asleep at night. But each time he fell right back to sleep. If you know Roman, that is completely out of character. And then he stated he was going to bed after the movie we were watching was going to end - and he knew there was probably only 15 minutes left. Took him awhile to actually fall asleep, but I think he's discovered the coziness of jammies in a warm soft bed when your body is aching...

Speaking of, that's where I'm headed. This post is all about Roman, so I will post his portrait that was taken at preschool last month. (Yes, grandparents, you will be getting your own copy.) Doug and I both had the same reaction to this picture - he looks so OLD. He will be 5 in three months! It's almost like you can see the teenager lurking in that face...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy you have on your hands. ( and a cute one as well) We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.
Love,
The Foley's

Sheryl said...

Wow- you're right- definitely an older boy lurking in that face!

Happy Easter!