Tuesday, December 04, 2007

and the bug strikes again

Right. I no longer have to live in fear, seeing that I was sick today with the nasty vomiting bug. Woke up around 3am and 4am with what I thought to be heartburn, seeing as I've never had it but am expecting to eventually. I made it out of bed at 6:40, took a shower, and then... the ol' tell-tale got hot and sweaty, then really shivery. I knew I was going to be in trouble.

There must have been divine intervention, however, because I did not actually vomit until Roman was out of the house. So luckily he's not experienced his parents being sick yet, which I can imagine would be a scary thing. And, just like Roman, I was spot on, on the hour, the second time. But unlike previous times, we had filled Roman's prescription of Zofran, this neat little dissolvable tablet which is also safe for pregnant women. I took it and have not been sick since, although crampy, achey, and tired? - you bet.

I'm having water and applesauce for dinner. The boys are going to McDonald's. So now we should bet - anyone think Rebekka will get it?

1 comment:

Cat Hoemke said...

I hope all of you feel better soon. Did you get a flu shot this year? I got one for the first time this year because my doc told me too. I'm kind of glad I did. Anyway, be well, fellow pregnant lady.