Thursday, February 08, 2007

Picking out of the Treasure Box

When I picked Roman up tonight, he came flying across the room with a "Mama! MAMA! I GOT TO PICK OUT OF THE TREASURE BOX!!!!" What an accomplishment for Roman, he is so proud. It has been a long, long time since he's been able to pick a toy. When he was on his behavior modification plan (the 504), he picked because he went 3 days without being obnoxious. But it's been weeks and weeks. Even better, here's why he got to pick, as told by a note from Miss Marcie:

"Roman had a great day today! This morning he let another friend be line leader so that she would stop crying. He was a very good friend. He was also a very good listener today."

Line leader is a big deal - when they leave the Green Room to go to the Yellow Room at 8:30am and start preschool, the line leader - obviously - leads the whole class down. Apparently Roman was picked for line leader and Ella got very upset. Roman simply switched places with her. He told me, "I didn't say anything. I just let her." I told him that I know grownups who aren't that nice, and we were so very proud. He earned an icee (popsicle-like thing) after dinner as well for being such a good friend. He's been awesome the past couple days at preschool, and at home we're hearing a lot less of "farting on your head" comments and such. On a totally unrelated note - did I mention Jake has been sick for two days?!

No comments: